Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The Story behind the Photo - The Photograph Does Not Always Reflect the Circumstances

Submitted by John Humkey

One of my personal favorite photo's was taken decades ago with a 2 megapixel camera. I was happy with the sequence of seven images where a moth appeared on the flower and to have captured its quivering antenna in the process. However, at the time it was one of those blistering 108 degree days and I was sweating bullets into my burning eyes as I was crouched near the ground.

A reflection from a nearby billboard at the entrance to Covington Woods/Paul Walker golf course darn near blinded me and contributed to the copious amounts of sweat running down my face. A good number of bees were also buzzing all around probably attracted by the perspiration.
Wearing shorts and having bare legs, the kneeling on gravel contributed to my discomfort.

 I believe it was the single most uncomfortable and quickest photo I have ever taken. Even so, the new camera was also my first digital camera and it was my first good weekend available to get out with it. 

Sometimes, you just never know what you have until you can get home and take a look.

No comments: