Saturday, February 2, 2019

Sunny 16 Welcomes Mike Moats and his Macro Photography Boot Camp

The first day of a two-day macro photography boot camp is in the books.  Professional macro photographer, Mike Moats came to Bowling Green from Sterling Heights, Michigan.  This macro boot camp attracted photographers from Paducah, Louisville, several cities in Indiana, Knoxville, TN and of course, Bowling Green.  Nine of our own Sunny 16 members are taking part in the boot camp, taking place at a local hotel.  It was a day of instruction on everything from equipment to composition and hands-on training.  Our subjects for the day were floral varieties from a local retail store.  I got caught photographing this one...


I must be known as a non-floral type because fellow photogs were questioning my subject matter.  "A pink flower?"  They kept trying to insert hardware into my view.  I quickly abandoned my flower and found some subjects more fitting...


Who would object to CFA chicken nuggets?!  No one!  This was approved subject matter and I was happy to consume them afterward.  





The broccoli tree...





By now, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I like to eat.  You may not know that I like to also play with my food AND photograph it.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


Broccoli has a world of its own. Almost creature-like.






Upon completion of today's boot camp, Sunny 16 hosted a reception for all participants.  Erin Denny and The Studio on Main in Franklin, KY, graciously sponsored this reception.  Thank you, Erin!  All of the participants got a chance to mingle with each other and share contact information for future endeavors.  We hope this will be the start of something big, not only for us, but for all photography organizations in our region.  Sunday, is a new day and day two of the Mike Moats Macro Photography Boot Camp!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think everyone who participated had a good time and learned something!